This is the audition page for 2016-2017. Please review the casting requirements. No experience is necessary to attend auditions. Dates may be subject to change. Please check back before you come to an audition.
- Ages: 16 and up
- Audition requires a prepared 1-2 minute Shakespearean monologue. Time allowing, we may do some cold reading from the script.
- First read through is Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. Rehearsals will continue Tuesdays through Thursdays at 8:00p.m., starting on first read through. Tech week starts Monday, June 19th. Additional workshop rehearsals will be scheduled after casting. All rehearsal dates and times are subject to change. Please note that we will be workshopping for part of the rehearsal process and outside study of lines and text will be required.
- Performances are June 24th at 7:30p.m. and 25th at 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
For more information regarding Macbeth or Mainstage Productions, visit the Mainstage Production home page here.
AIDA SCHOOL EDITION AUDITIONS
MAY 23RD, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M.
The triumphant love story between an Egyptian prince and a slave transcends warring nations and brings a country together. Adapted from the four-time Tony Award-winning hit, Elton John and Tim Rice's Aida School Edition is an epic tale of love, loyalty and betrayal, chronicling the love triangle between Aida, a Nubian princess stolen from her country, Amneris, an Egyptian princess, and Radames, the soldier that they both love.
- Ages: 10 and up
- Workshop Fee: $245.00 for the 8 - 10 week session
Workshop registration is due and must be paid on the day of callbacks, Wednesday May 24th at 5:00pm, before the auditions for roles begin. This is a non refundable payment. (Those who do not receive a callback will not owe any fee.)
- Audition requires a prepared song no longer than 16 bars (32 bars cut time) with sheet music. An accompanist will be provided for you. You will also be taught a dance routine by the choreographer. Please dress appropriately.
- First read through is Thursday, May 25th, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Rehearsals will continue on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00-8:00 p.m., starting May 30th, 2017. All rehearsal dates and times are subject to change.
- Performances are July 21st - July 29th, 2017. Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2:00 p.m., with a special Saturday matinee performance on July 29th, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
For more information regarding Aida School Edition and Master Workshops, visit the Master Workshop home page here.